I could reach nirvana tonight
    If I was ready, willing and able
    To pay him his regular fee
    He would drop all the rest of
    His pressing affairs and devote
    His attention to me

But I said "Look here brother
    who you jiving with that cosmik debris?
    Now who you jiving with that cosmik debris?
    Look here brother, don't waste your time on me"

The mystery man got nervous
    And he fidget around a bit
    He reached in the pocket of his mystery robe
    And he whipped out a shaving kit
    Now I thought it was a razor
    And a can of foaming goo
    But he told me right then when the top popped open
    There was nothin' his box won't do
    With the oil of Aphrodite, and the dust of the Grand Wazoo
    He said "You might not believe this, little fella
    But it'll cure your asthma too"

And I said "Look here brother
    Who you jiving with that cosmik debris?
    Now what kind of a guru are you, anyway?
    Look here brother, don't waste your time on me"
    (Don't waste your time)

"I've got troubles of my own", I said
    "And you can't help me out
    So, take your meditations and your preparations
    And ram it up your snout!"
    "But I got the crystal ball", he said
    And held it to the ligh
    So I snatched it, all away from him
    And I showed him how to do it right

I wrapped a newspaper 'round my head
    So I looked like I was deep
    I said some mumbo-jumbo, then
    I told him he was going to sleep
    I robbed his rings and pocketwatch
    And everything else I found
    I had that sucker hypnotized
    He couldn't even make a sound
    I proceeded to tell him his future, then
    As long as he was hanging around
    I said "The price of meat has just gone up
    And your old lady has just gone down!"

And I said "Look here brother-who you
    Jiving with that cosmik debris?
    Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?
    Don't you know, you could make more money as a butcher?
    So, don't waste your time on me"
    Don't waste it, don't waste your time on me
    (Shanti)
  • Tony June 2011
    Reply to @truthseeker: Now we are getting somewhere ;-) Finally a true sage hath spoken.
  • Durchanand June 2011
    Reply to @truthseeker:

F.Z. rules!!!!!!!!!!!! r.i.p.

• Durchanand June 2011
    Reply to @Durchanand:

girl ... you thought he was a saint but he only was a MUFFIN ... - for insiders of F.Z. only :-)
  • truthseeker June 2011
    Reply to @Durchanand: and he was a slime too :-)

Looking at the lyrics, we could rewrite it and replace "the government and industry too" with "swAmi" and "TV set" with "swAmi TV"

I am gross and perverted
    Im obsessed n deranged
    I have existed for years
    But very little had changed
    I am the tool of the government
    And industry too
    For I am destined to rule
    And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
    But you can't look away
    I make you think I'm delicious
    With the stuff that I say
    I am the best you can get
    Have you guessed me yet?
    I am the slime oozin out
    From your tv set

You will obey me while I lead you
    And eat the garbage that I feed you
    Until the day that we don't need you
    Don't got for help...no one will heed you
    Your mind is totally controlled
    It has been stuffed into my mold
    And you will do as you are told
    Until the rights to you are sold

That's right, folks..
    Don't touch that dial

Well, I am the slime from your video
    Oozin along on your livinroom floor

I am the slime from your video
    Cant stop the slime, people, lookit me go
  • someonefromhungary June 2011
    the nature of selfishness

:)
  • mangotree June 2011
    this is from a cartoon - sorry i can't include the drawing that goes with it

comment:
    "...I'm not sure whether I'm suffering from too much brutal reality, or too many disgusting lies..."

response:
    "...I'm suffering because too many disgusting lies is the new brutal reality..."

Leunig
  • mangotree June 2011
    Reply to @batawe:
    more brutal reality...
  • truthseeker June 2011
    Reply to @batawe: this Sri Chinmoy story reminds me of what Durchanand told me about the extreme promiscuity among some of swAmi's close followers. It seems to be a common feature of cults that they always deal with sexuality in an unhealthy way. It's either celibacy or extreme promiscuity or promiscuity behind the mask of celibacy.
    I guess it's one way for the cult leader to control his or her followers, they are not allowed to form an emotional bond with a partner, their devotion must be completely directed to the leader and they must depend on him or her.
  • batawebatawe June 2011
    Reply to @truthseeker:

I agree, it seems that way; all the attention goes to the privileged "subject/object of love"; suspend all other relations and totally surrender to your god or master...and maybe you'll become a perfect instrument of God and than you will manifest God more purely in the world...

There is some 'sadistic' demand (like superego/conscience=the more you purify the more you feel 'dirty', not pure enough, purify, purify, purify, or repeat word PURITY 1000000000xtimes and you'll bring purity into your being...), that is being overlooked in 'sacrificing', all that you are and have, this incessant demand to strain yourself to the highest possible heights of your Ideal, which becomes ever-demanding, ever-'transcending' into the Beyond of Divinely Terror, where your individuality and your own particularity and phenomenality is worth SH..T!...Thank you, not purchasing the Divine Gift!
  • mangotree June 2011
    Truth

In order to be truthful
    We must do more than speak truth.
    We must also hear truth.
    We must also receive truth.
    We must also act upon truth.
    We must also search for truth.
    The difficult truth.
    Within us and around us.
    We must devote ourselves to truth.
    Otherwise we are dishonest
    And our lives are mistaken.
    God grant us the strength and the courage
    To be truthful.
    Amen.

by Leunig
  • batawebatawe June 2011

• mangotree June 2011
    Reply to @batawe:
    thankyou batawe - that is beautiful
  • pavitra June 2011
  • batawebatawe June 2011
    ;))
  • mangal June 2011
  • mangotree June 2011
    “It is when your spirit goes wandering upon the wind,
    That you, alone and unguarded, commit a wrong unto others and therefore unto yourself.
    And for the wrong committed must you knock and wait awhile at the gate of the blessed.

Like the ocean is your god-self;
    It remains forever undefiled.
    And like the ether it lifts but the winged.
    Even like the sun is your god-self;
    It knows not the ways of the mole nor seeks it the holes of the serpent.
    But your god-self dwells not alone in your being.
    Much in you is still man, and much in you is not yet man,
    But a shapeless pigmy that walks asleep in the mist searching for its own awakening.
    And of the man in you would I now speak.
    For it is he and not your god-self nor the pigmy in the mist that knows crime and the punishment of crime.

Oftentimes have I heard you speak of one who commits a wrong as though he were not one of you, but a stranger unto you and an intruder upon your world.
    But I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise above the highest which is in each one of you,
    So the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.
    And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree,
    So the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all.
    Like a procession you walk together towards your god-self.
    Your are the way and the wayfarers.
    And when one of you falls down he falls for those behind him, a caution against the stumbling stone.
    Ay, and he falls for those ahead of him, who, though faster and surer of foot, yet removed not the stumbling stone.

And this also, though the word lie heavy upon your hearts:
    The murdered is not unaccountable for his own murder,
    And the robbed is not blameless in being robbed.
    The righteous is not innocent of the deeds of the wicked,
    And the white-handed is not clean in the doings of the felon.
    Yea, the guilty is oftentimes the victim of the injured.
    And still more often the condemned is the burden bearer for the guiltless and unblamed.
    You cannot separate the just from the unjust and the good from the wicked;
    For they stand together before the face of the sun even as the black thread and the white are woven together.
    And when the black thread breaks, the weaver shall look into the whole cloth, and he shall examine the loom also.

If any of you would bring to judgement the unfaithful wife,
    Let him also weigh the heart of her husband in scales, and measure his soul with measurements.
    And let him who would lash the offender look unto the spirit of the offended.
    And if any of you would punish in the name of righteousness and lay the axe unto the evil tree, let him to see its roots;
    And verily he will find the roots of the good and the bad, the fruitful and the fruitless, all entwined together in the silent heart of the earth.
    And you judges who would be just.
    What judgement pronounce you upon him who though honest in the flesh yet is a thief in spirit?
    What penalty lay you upon him who slays in the flesh yet is himself slain in the spirit?
    And how prosecute you him who in action is a deceiver and an oppressor,
    Yet who also is aggrieved and outraged?

And how shall you punish those whose remorse is already greater than their misdeeds?
    Is not remorse the justice which is administered by that very law which you would fain serve?
    Yet you cannot lay remorse upon the innocent nor lift it from the heart of the guilty.
    Unbidden shall it call in the night, that men may wake and gaze upon themselves.
    And you who would understand justice, how shall you unless you look upon all deeds in the fullness of light?
    Only then shall you know that the erect and the fallen are but one man standing in twilight between the night of his pigmy-self and the day of his god-self,
    And that the cornerstone of the temple is not higher than the lowest stone in its foundation.”

Kahlil Gibran
  • karavan June 2011
    This is really great link, we are enyoing it all over facebook, thanks for posting it!
    http://puppetji.com/
  • someonefromhungary June 2011
    Reply to @karavan: yep :) and my favourite quotation from puppetji sometimes appearing on the top of the page is: "Do not listen to what I am saying because I have no idea what I'm talking about." that's what I call honesty (and wizdumb :D)
  • batawebatawe June 2011
  • batawebatawe June 2011
  • truthseeker June 2011
    Batawe, where are you? I miss you! :-)
  • batawebatawe June 2011
    I'm here;)...the 'truth' is in words; even if I am gone, the word "I am here" still stands on its own, changeless;))), it's not some inner core of things , it's the symbolic of the word;

like "I love you or I don't love you", affirmation and negation; both are logical statements/truths; they need not refer to anything real in the world, like a thing or a person; they are just statements, but can give the feeling, that behind the said word, there is the "bounty of juicy substance" ready to give itself to Other,

yet behind it, is just a word and word structures our reality; supposedly "beyond" or "behind" the language there is the 'ocean of truth'/substance, but we don't see the 'fact', that even the 'ocean of truth' is a statement, like "I am"; "being that I am" - already a substantial "I", behind my 'appearance', and all we can say about the "I", is like trying to 'glue' the meaning on the real substance of our 'real'-self;

we speak of the real-self as if we speak about something which precedes this form; but if we look at it from different perspective, this "I", or "I am", is not a denotative pronounciation of the "fact of my existence", but is only a statement/sentence which only through the act of its pronounciation erects the 'fact' of its 'existence'.

Sentence is not the one, registering the fact, lying there somewhere, but it is its own fact, the fact, that I say, that "I am". The "being " is not substantial, it is propositional. I begin to 'exist', when I say the truths, like: "I am THAT", or "God is eternal" etc...

Word/sentence creates the 'reality'. Meaningless words (abstract generalities as such, like BEING and NOTHING) - that are going beyond the practical meaning of other words we use in our practical life, - are a symbolic, of that unreachable 'truth' (supposedly existing somewhere behind the illusion as a real substance), but they only state the empty and general indifference to the particular content;

they act as sort of conditions of sentences as such, arbitrarily interchangeable ("Pure being and pure nothing are one and the same); they are not 'inner qualities' of signified "being" and "nothing" (with its reference to a concrete object), but are just pure signifiers, that do not state no fact except the 'fact' of a signifier that produces nothing of the signified...

"This" or "That" or "Now", has its referent, like "Now is the night"; but the moment the night passes into its opposite, "the day", sentence remains there as some kind of 'immortal being', stating indefinitely "Now is the night"...

and the world we know, is already a mediated world-for-us, as subjects; when we say "World is finite" or "World is infinite" (as the negation of the previous sentence), we do not speak or use the "WORLD as SUBSTANCE", and than just adding upon it the necessary predicates, but predicates are already a part of our discursive/propositional reality, without factual referent in a factual world/situation/like ice-cream...

and when I say/state: "I am"...think for a moment, if "I am" had any meaning before you said it and if you 'existed' before you said it...Tat twam asi etc...are also similar statements, which might be/come real only while uttering it and beyond utterance/word, there is no 'creation';

"tat twam asi" only states itself, "I am That"; it's a sentence and a propositional truth of our propositional being; just empty signifiers without the signified, meaning no-thing for any-body; but still while uttering it, you feel 'elevated' and ready to 'realize' the 'truth behind it';))))

you see "truthseeker" what you 'produce' by saying: "I miss you"?;)))
  • truthseeker June 2011
    Reply to @batawe: yes, I see. :-) Have you studied philosophy, by the way? You could teach it.
  • batawebatawe June 2011
    yes, I studied it;); about the teaching, we'll see...
  • mangotree June 2011
    SOLOMON’S CROOKED CROWN

Solomon was busy judging others,
    when it was his personal thoughts
    that were disrupting the community.

His crown slid crooked on his head.
    he put it straight, but the crown went
    awry again. Eight times it happened.

Finally he began to talk to his headpiece.
    “Why do you keep tilting over my eyes?”

“I have to. When your power loses compassion,
    I have to show what such a condition looks like.”

Immediately Solomon recognized the truth.
    he knelt and asked forgiveness.
    the crown centred itself on his crown.

When something goes wrong, accuse yourself first.
    even the wisdom of Plato or Solomon
    can wobble and go blind.

Listen when your crown reminds you
    of what makes you cold towards others,
    as you pamper the greedy energy inside.

Rumi
  • elisabeth June 2011
    (Dr Carl Jung on "belief")

http://andrewblackman.wordpress.com/2008/02/27/the-undiscovered-self-by-carl-jung/ (Carl Jung on Mass mindedness)

(Carl Jung on Evil)

• truthseeker June 2011
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Devotees' testimonies:

Devotee #1

---------------

Devotee #2

---------------

Devotee #3

---------------

Devotee #4 - Contact: valika.balazova@centrum.cz

---------------

Devotee #5 - Contact: synapseproblem@yahoo.de